Importance & Technique of Breast Feeding
- For infants, the best source of nourishment is Colostrum.
- Breast milk contains all antibodies required for the immune system of the baby.
- Breast milk contains the perfect amount of water.
- It reduces the risk of breast cancer in mother.
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you successfully breastfeed:
- Start early – the first breastfeeding within the first hour “golden hour” of life improves infant survival and prolongs the duration of exclusive breastfeeding.
- WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding up to 6 months of age. WHO promotes Breastfeeding up to at least 2 years of age.
- Breastfeeding should take place, as often as the child needs, day and night.
- Even preterms should be breastfed, it should be done to preterms as young as 27 weeks (<1000g).
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR EMERGENCY CASE.
TO BOOK APPOINTMENT